Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Wasabi Popcorn at Wal-mart?

I have found Pocky and Wasabi Peas at Wal-mart before. It was nice having this convenience at such a large chain (stop hating wally world). But I had to do a double take when I saw these in a big center display. It had bags of Wasabi Popcorn - OMFG - popcorn with Wasabi, how did that make it to the main stream?

It was made by Popcorn, Indiana which I have honestly not heard of before. Not that I buy my popcorn in bags anyway, but still. It is part of their Reserve line and you can get more details at the website. We had to give it a go, well I did as my wife stays away from it and my son is in bed as I write this.

Cracked that Bag of Goodness
I didn't notice anything different with the smell - just plain popcorn. I guess I was expecting a strong wasabi or nori smell. The look of it is also not that impressive either. I was thinking maybe a green color would of been nice. You can see some parsley (Nori would of been too expensive to use?) and a bit of yellowish coloring.

With that aside, the taste does grab you right when you start eating it with the defined wasabi taste. I have to say I have a love.hate relationship with that immediate burning sensation. It was however not as hot as I expected either and does fizzle out quickly. It is a quick flash of taste and then it is gone as quickly as it happened :(

Bowl Full of Goodness

Rating: B

This is not that bad and a great snack when you have your next Anime Movie night. If I get over there again, I may be buying several bags to stock up for later. I gave it a "B" because you still get those damn kernels stuck in your teeth - ARG!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...